Saturday 27 August 2011

Snacktime.

Evening slum-fans,

Once again, I am entrusted with responsibility for today's blog post. Siobhan was singularly industrious today, clearing all the wallpaper from the bathroom and substantial parts of the stairs and kitchen before heading off to Exeter for a break. The pictures below illustrate her work, while also giving a nice sense of how mental the previous colour scheme was :



Let's look in more detail at that bathroom. The remaining patches of blue are patches where the wall was painted, but not papered.

That shade is quite familiar... perhaps we've destroyed an undiscovered Yves Klein masterpiece? Anyway, let's look a little more closely at the area by the sink.

Great. I also uncovered some further cracks in the creepy-cat-mask room, but omitted to take any pictures. Perhaps I'll save those for tomorrow.

Anyway, moving on to the kitchen.

I decided to have a go at removing the kitchen units. Using brute force. And ignorance.

This actually proved to be surprisingly effective. And here's what I found underneath.

Yep. A white plastic jelly mould, some oven mitts, a roll of cling film... but wait, what's that.

Mmmmm. This photo doesn't really do these year-old sausage rolls justice. They were almost black and looked really vile.

But, it was about 2:30 and I hadn't had any lunch, so I ate them anyway.

Here's the kitchen, with worktops removed. Also visible in this picture is my new step ladder.

And here's where I put all the stuff from the kitchen.

More soon slum-fans!





1 comment:

  1. you guys need to try and use that fireplace in the kitchen! line the chimney and get a little stove.

    ReplyDelete