Saturday 13 August 2011

Hammertime!




Yes, it's hammer time!  Not, fortunately for you and me, Rob's latest foray into the world of street dance, but his attempt to remove these from the stairs:




And grip they certainly do.  




So grippy are they in fact, that we had to give up early on and return to the hardware shop for a crowbar.  A more effective tool, but one without an early 90s hip hop soundtrack unfortunately.  


Anyway, whilst he was doing that (I tried, but it was quickly clear that my girly squeals everytime a nail flew out were too irritating to tolerate) I removed the carpet from the rest of the stairwell.  Weirdly, the last pieces appeared to be cemented to the stairs:




Perhaps they ran out of grip-grippy-grip-grip things.


Removing the carpet in the smelly toilet revealed this (brace yourselves):




NOOOOOO!   Recognise those?!  AAAAAAAH!  Deep breath.  (not too deep - that toilet really really smells)... oh, and another thing about that toilet.  Like sensible adults, we commissioned an asbestos survey before embarking on this project.  Then, like less than sensible adults, we slightly forgot about it.  The results arrived this week - not only is that toilet properly smelly, but it also has asbestos in the cistern!  It truly is a toilet from hell!  Rob assures me that this is fine, and nothing to worry about, as long as I don't break the cistern.  I've never broken a cistern in my life, and actually would struggle to reach this one, but it's now my number one fear.  It might even beat the scary cat-mask.


[Hammer House of Horror film music (haha!)] 






So I rescued my favourite threshold plate, and got closer to that horrible toilet bowl than you want to imagine.


All for this:




I know, I know.  I'm so over it.  Those tiles can just go and stick themselves.  I am a broken woman.


So psychologically broken in fact, that I found it hilarious that we found a monopoly house under one of the carpets, allowing us to do this:  (sorry)



No comments:

Post a Comment