Wednesday 31 August 2011

Sisyphus's substitute

A quick mid-week update.

This week, I handed over to my BJJ coach, James, to spend a day at the slum, stripping that blasted wallpaper. For those who don't know him, James looks like this:

KO MMA instructor
I went up to the slum this evening, to have a look at what he'd achieved, and took a few pictures.

That's the kitchen entirely done. Except that fireplace, which we'll have removed anyway. Oh, and the paper round the boiler:

Here's the other wall in the kitchen:
This is not a very exciting picture, but I just wanted to show that James had managed to get the paper off the ceiling in the kitchen:
So, maybe this isn't so bad. There can't be much left.

Obviously there's all this:

This:
All this:
This:
This:
There's more. I just gave up taking pictures.

You'll recall that the wall with the creepy cat head ornament remained untouched?

Well, its malevolent power was no match for James. Here is the wall as it looks today:


But then, just before leaving, what did I notice watching me resentfully, having once more escaped disposal?

Normal service will be resumed on Saturday, with the big boulder having been handed back to Siobhan and me....

More soon fans!

Rob


No comments:

Post a Comment