Monday 8 October 2012

Week three - some shots in the dark

We were a wee bit busy this weekend, hiking up Ben Nevis and driving round bonny Scotland, so we missed out on seeing the results of week three in the light.  And there are no longer lights at all in the slum, so we made a stumbling, health and safety non-approved trip in the Nunhead dusk tonight.

That's my excuse for the poor photos, anyway.

Here's Rob looking expertly at the newly skimmed walls in the hallway.



He then gave me a lengthy monologue about the merits of various types of plastering technique.  It may or may not have been interesting/accurate.  I'll let you decide.


Anyway, whilst he was mid-lecture I tripped over these:


Radiators! 

Far more exciting even than radiators though...


No, not the window again (although isn't it nice?!), the lovely walls.  And the lovely space.  Lovely lovely lovely.  We stood in the cold and dark for quite some time appreciating this.  Mmmmm, lovely.  

And look at the WINDOW!

Away from the window, we are happy to note that the builders are taking following the plans seriously:


And we are also relieved to see that they have successfully moved the asbestos-box-of-electrical-doom onto the wall.  Phew.  No Bulgarian builders were harmed in the process (we hope). 

Rob is glad to see that the main earth wire for the slum is still nicely exposed.


Here's that manky 70's tiled fireplace in the sitting room:


Sorry, sorry, what's that?  You can't see it?  Neither can we!  Hurrah!


And instead we have Nunhead's latest piece of installation art. 

I'm naming this 'Cast Out Cast Iron'.

If anyone wants a cast iron fireplace let me know.


That's Rob checking where our secret surprise lovely light fitting will go.  I'm hoping he's planning on attaching it to the ceiling, otherwise his arms are going to get very sore.

Upstairs, I feel that we are now embarking on some proper Dad-style construction, because we have acquired a temporary bench made of spare step ladders and MDF.

With not just one, not two, but three Black and Decker bits of kit on it.


I know, you're jealous.  I feel totally empowered, in a manly way.

I might feel more manly if I could call those things something more accurate than 'bits of kit'.


Whilst I was distracted pretending I was in Scrapheap Challenge, Rob was inspecting the new bath shelf (yes, we have a bath shelf - and it will be back lit people, back lit!)  (again, I'm a bit concerned Rob might be veering into 80's bachelor pad territory here but we'll worry about that later).

And finally, a last peek of that appalling blue and pink paint in the upstairs bedroom.  This is about to be boxed in forever.  Say goodbye... 


No comments:

Post a Comment