Sunday 11 September 2011

Delegation



Once again, Siobhan's off (this time in Somaliland - which isn't even a proper country). In her absence I have incarcerated my parents at the Nunhead labour camp.
This is them at the slum on Friday, when I wasn't there to supervise. My absence may explain why they are looking quite jolly and having a break. Dad's 'dust mask on head' look brings to mind the tiny party hat of Mr. Jolly from "Psychoville".


Anyway, Dad thought our readers would be interested (as a break from the usual wallpaper monotony) to see some of the 300+ unexplained nails found projecting from the floorboards. I am told he removed more than 49 from the WC alone.



In the picture below, Dad is pointing to an area which he considers might be used to conceal a "priest hole", to be used for sheltering recusant priests from pursuivants, should this be required. I accept that this could conceivably 'add value', but I think the chances of there being both (i) a new 'rising of the North'; and (ii) of my converting to papistry, are both slim.



The photograph above is a view through the crack in the floor into the 'priest hole' area. Thanks, once again, to John 'Nicholas Owen' Blackett for this one.

To round off the pictures for Friday here's a picture of Dad looking a bit 'Lecter'.

Overall, I get the impression that too much fun was had by all on Friday. Fortunately, come the weekend, I was there to supervise....

*****************************

I also have an extensive pictorial record of the rest of the weekend's activities at the slum (mainly ..... wallpaper stripping). These feature an unsolved mystery object found hidden in the attic, the discovery of a massive area of wallpaper I hadn't realised was there, a demolition derby in the creepy kitchenette and, as a special treat, a picture of my pants.

Unfortunately, most of the photographs documenting this, er, excitement are in a 'portrait' aspect and, despite lengthy efforts, the editing software on this rubbishy website will only let me upload them as landscape. I will try and find a fix for this, and write another installment tomorrow.

Assuming I have recovered the will to live.

R





No comments:

Post a Comment